Vince Staples’ Brother Overdosed From Xanax This Morning

vince staples

“My brother died at 4 a.m. off the Xanax,” he said. “So this is very uncomfortable for me. I’m having a very bad time, but you’re having a very good time.” – Vince Staples

 

vince staples

Earlier this morning, Vince Staples’ brother was taken by the abuse of Prescription Drugs. Xanax to be exact, as Vince Tweeted out today. This story hits home to a lot of Americans where we all know someone who is struggling with the addiction to the deadly drug. In 2013, 50 million prescriptions were written for alprazolam (the generic name for Xanax), up from 38 million written in 2006. This indicates a major problem with our healthcare system and Drug Policies when Emergency room visits due to the recreational abuse of Xanax more than doubled from 57,419 in 2005 to 124,902 in 2010.

Tragic News.

Somehow Vince Staples managed to keep a high energy performance as shown from the audience below.

Vince Staples gets the @aclfestival crowd turnt up in a mid-afternoon set.

A video posted by Deborah Sengupta Stith (@deborific) on

https://twitter.com/vincestaples

 

“Take care of y’all selves.”

SHARE THIS SHIT
Share